I have always wanted to try out new variations of commercially made pizzas as I am a person who would like to try new flavours/food.
One fine day, I have decided to make my own pizza as my partner is a vegetarian and it is not easy to find nice and special pizzas for him.
My 1st challenge would be 'How do I make the pizza base?' I do not know how to make the pizza base from scratch so I thought of doing the short-cut way - to buy the base from supermarkets. However, I do not like the frozen kind of base thus, I have decided to try the pita bread after reading an article from a magazine on using pita bread for pizza.
The 1st attempt was relatively successful. The pita bread was easy to handle for an inexperienced cook like me. The tomato paste was able to sit nicely on the bread. After baking, the pita bread had a nice aroma but it did not have the thin-crust kind of texture that I would like it to be. After thinking about the thin-crust pizza that I have always like, I decided to try using wrap instead.
The 2nd challenge was to find the tomato based paste. I did not know how to make the paste on my own thus, I tried to cheat again. I had tried the pizza paste that was available in supermarkets but it was abit too sourish for my liking and too dried after baking. Till one fine day, I had an idea. Why don't I try the pasta sauce instead? It proved to be the right texture that I like. Not too dried after baking and it glows after baking.
Finally, I had decided to try making this special pizza for him.
Step 1: Use wraps as the base for pizza
Step 2: Spread 1 tablespoon of pasta sauce (tomato based) on the centre portion of the wrap (must not spread the sauce for about 2cm from the edge of the wrap)
Step 3: Add some Mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta sauce
Step 4: Add in the ingredients (Mushrooms, Capsicums, Cheese, Pineapples, Vegetarian Ham)
Step 5: Top up with more and more Mozzarella cheese
Step 6: Bake in oven for about 20 minutes
The final product was not too bad for an inexperienced cook like me. I will make more pizzas in the near future. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment