My mother has been a great cook and I have always enjoyed her cooking since young. She has many specialty dishes and I have asked to learn from her a couple of years ago. In a month's time, I will be moving out of my parents' home and will be staying in a new house with my partner. Before I even move out, I have started to miss my mother's cooking.
Yesterday was a rare occasion that she cooked especially for me. I have requested for her to cook for me as I am hardly at home these days due to my busy schedule. My family members were out and my mother specially cooked my favourite 'Tomato Prawns' with rice for me.
Tomato Prawns is a simple dish that I have always enjoyed since young. The dish is really very simple even for inexperienced cook like me.
Step 1: First, heat up the wok with garlic
Step 2: Add some tomato sauce and some fresh tomatoes cut in cubes
Step 3: Add the prawns and some sugar (to taste)
Step 4: Sprinkle some spring onions before serving
The taste of the tomato sauce is sweet and sourish. The prawns are nicely cooked and soaked in the orangy sauce. The tomato cubes are not overly cooked and provided the 'vegetables' portion in the dish. The spring onions added colour and aroma to the dish before serving.
What a wonderful dish cooked with love and more love from my mother. I had tried to replicate the same dish without much success in the past. After having my favourite Tomato Prawns last night, I am determined to try to cook this dish again soon. This time round, I will do it with more love and hopefully, I will be able to master this dish before I move out of my parents' house.
No comments:
Post a Comment