Monday, 16 July 2012

Using soya milk to cook curry?

My partner and I came across this small vegetarian eatery at Upper Bukit Timah Road (opposite Beauty World) a few months ago. The soymilk curry vegetables was a gem in this eatery.

To start of with, I am a normal omnivore whereas my partner is a full-time vegetarian. It has been very challenging since DAY 1 of our courtship days to find some common food that both of us really enjoyed. I do try to accompany and accommodate his diet at times but I know deep down in my heart that I will always be an omnivore.

This small vegetarian eatery is located in the middle of shop houses and easily forgotten by passer-bys. My partner wanted to try this and we decided to go in and take a look. The place is rather small and they are only selling a few items. The lady boss recommended her specialty - Curry vegetable cooked in soymilk to us. I was abit hesitant as I had tried similar soymilk replaced dishes before and I wasn't satisfied with them.

The portion of the curry was quite small for both of us. But the curry gravy was fantastic. It was rather creamy and was not too spicy for my liking. I liked the vegetables that were well cooked and well-soaked in the curry gravy.

To be fair, I think they are trying very hard (abit too hard for my liking) to try to convince omnivores like me to convert to vegetarians. I do enjoy occasional 'detox' sessions with my partner but other than that, I think I prefer to be a happy omnivore..

No comments:

Post a Comment