Saturday, 21 July 2012

Thai Green Curry Chicken

I am not a fan of the usual yellow/orange curry but i do like the jade-like Thai Green Curry. I like the less spicyness and like the tinge of sweetness in the curry taste. One of my favourite Thai dish is the Thai Green Curry Chicken that I cooked.

To make things short and sweet, I bought the Thai Green Curry paste from "Dancing Chef" to help inexperienced cooks like me. The green curry paste comes with some curry leaves in the paste and it is relatively spicy for my taste. I have a few ways to help to lessen the spicyness which I would like to share with all later.

Step 1: Cut chicken pieces (preferably chicken thighs, drumsticks), potatoes, carrots, bringals, fresh, tiny sweet corns into cubes

Step 2: Coat the chicken pieces lighly in corn flour and leave it for 5 minutes (This will give a tender texture to the chicken pieces)

Step 3: Fry the Thai Green Curry paste from "Dancing Chef" with some oil till the colour of the paste changed from greenish to yellowish with nice aroma

Step 4: Add in all the ingredients (listed in Step 1) to the yellowish paste and stir fry for 1 or 2 minutes

Step 5: Add in water to fill 1/2 of the pot

Step 6: Add in coconut milk and sugar (add more coconut milk and sugar to reduce the spicyness)

Step 7: Cover the pot and cook for another 20 minutes till the ingredients are fully cooked

Step 8: Serve with white rice



No comments:

Post a Comment